Description - وصف
The Qutaishiya Mosque was built in ancient Sidon in 1562 AD, and the reason for its name goes back to Sheikh Ali bin Muhammad Qutaish, who took care of the building of the mosque at his own expense. It is a new illuminated mosque, with a water pool and a small marble fountain, into which fresh water flows, and its entrance is one of the most beautiful entrances to the mosques of ancient Sidon. The mosque has a large garden planted with lemon trees located to the west of the mosque. It was restored several times, most notably in 1871 AD by the grandchildren of Sheikh Ali Qutaish and in 1964 AD, when the Islamic Endowments Department in Sidon carried out some general restorations to finally put the Hariri Foundation its touches in a comprehensive restoration process of the mosque to return to its first appearance.